Monday, March 3, 2014

Culture Shock (cont)

I had the most amazing surprise this morning:
As I opened the Bible, I read about culture shock!


Numbers 14 And all the congregation cried out with a loud voice, and they wept that night; they grumbled and deplored their situation. They felt alienated and vulnerable in this foreign land. They decided they would return to the familiarity of their former home.

Joshua and Caleb tried to encourage them: “This land is filled with many good things. Don’t be anxious about the people in that land. We have the Lord with us, so don’t be afraid!”

The Lord spoke to Moses and said, “How long will these people continue to distrust me or fail to believe in my power, spite of the many miracles I have done among them.”

Phase two of Culture Shock: Complaining about the foreign country.

http://www.thebricktestament.com/