Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ankara; a turkish delight!


The weather is cold and wet, and I am far away from home.

During lunch time, I found myself in Krystalgade, Norrebro; hungry for comfy-food. 
Full of flavour, nice and spicy. Not hot, just homely, providing me with a much-needed feeling of well-being.

Right in front of me, on the pavement, a restaurant menu advertised a buffet for DKK59 (but only if you order a drink with it). Fair enough! DKK94 or R185 with a glass of wine.






I learned that the delectable buffets have earned the Ankara Restaurants a solid reputation among local residents and visitors alike. At Ankara, you can feast on a variety of more than 30 Turkish specialities, and prices are more than modest! Sink your teeth into that juicy leg of lamb, savour the spicy köfte, or help yourself to a second serving of chicken, cacik, squid rings... 

Fantastic buffet and wine. Wonderful atmosphere (thanks to the food, relaxed chatting and lanterns)